The Printer Will Still Show “Empty” After Refill!
These cartridges have an embedded chip planted on each cartridge. If you just refill the ink, the printer will still reads the cartridge as empty. You have two choices:
- Purchase a “refillable cartridge” from BCH (www.bchtechnologies.com) or other sellers. These refillable cartridges have an auto-reset chip (non OEM) and will reset automatically.
Use a “chip resetter” (e.g., search Epson + model number + resetter on eBay). Follow this instruction below to refill your original cartridge, and use the resetter to reset the chip.
- If needed, reset the chip using a chip resetter (see chip resetter’s manual). This is the best time to reset the chips before cartridge is filled with ink.
- Use a small hand drill to puncture the plastic film over the ink refill hole. Drill a hole through the ink divider (see picture) so that a needle can go all the way through bottom.
- Attach needle to syringe and load syringe with ink. Insert needle into the refill hole. Push all the way to reach the bottom.
- If the hand drill is not long enough, you can drill a hole from the top then seal it with hot glue.
- SLOWLY inject the ink into the cartridge. Stop if the ink begins to well up from the fill hole. DO NOT OVERFILL.
- Seal the hole with hot glue.
- Reinstall in printer and run one or two cleaning cycles until the cartridge begins to print correctly. Do not exceed three cleaning cycles.