T0xx’s: The Printer Will Still Show “Empty” After Refill!
For cartridges that ARE NOT S0200XX’s (e.g., T001 T003 T036), these cartridges have an embedded chip planted on each cartridge. If you just refill the ink, the printer will still reads the cartridge as empty. You have two choices:
- Purchase a “refillable cartridge” from BCH (www.bchtechnologies.com) or other sellers. These refillable cartridges have an auto-reset chip (non OEM) and will reset automatically.
- Use a “chip resetter” (e.g., search Epson + model number + resetter on eBay). Follow this instruction below to refill your original cartridge, and use the resetter to reset the chip.
- If needed, reset the chip using a chip resetter (see chip resetter’s manual). This is the best time to reset the chips before cartridge is filled with ink.
- Verify the ink color in each chamber before filling. Do not solely rely on the color diagram. The best way to check is to insert a toothpick (preferably wooden), using multiple toothpicks to determine the color ink for each chamber/hole. Do not "guess".
- Attach needle to syringe and load syringe with ink. Insert needle into the ink outlet.
- SLOWLY inject the ink into the cartridge. Stop if the ink begins to well up from the fill hole. DO NOT OVERFILL.
- Repeat steps until all colors have been filled. Reinstall in printer and run one or two cleaning cycles until the cartridge begins to print correctly. Do not exceed three cleaning cycles.