1. Air pressure within the cartridge is regulated by an outlet hole, which must be sealed to prevent leakage during refilling. Use strong adhesive tape to seal this aperture (Picture 1). DO NOT TAPE THE COPPER PRINTHEAD!
2. See Picture 2. If you have an opening already on “Drill Refill Hole Here”, then just push the ball bearing into the cartridge. Otherwise, drill a hole there.
3. SLOWLY inject the ink into the cartridge. Stop if the ink begins to well up from the fill hole. DO NOT OVERFILL.
4. Clean off the top of the cartridge. Seal the refill hole airtight using tape or glue gun. If your cartridge is leaking afterward, then the refill port is not airtight.
5. Reinstall in printer and run one or two cleaning cycles until the cartridge begins to print correctly. Do not exceed three cleaning cycles.
PLEASE NOTE: Resetting the filing level indicator is unfortunately not possible with this type of cartridges. You can ignore the error message by selecting “OK”. Knowing that the ink level cannot be correctly determined anymore, please refill the cartridge as soon as you see faded colors. Should the cartridge print in streaks, first refill the cartridge, then start a cleaning cycle with your printer software. If the problem remains, fill a bowl with ½ inch of warm water (max temperature 90F) and soak the print head in it for 1 to 2 hours.