Before opening your product, please perform printer nozzle tests to ensure your printer is in good condition. If your printer has produced a perfect result, please attach a copy of the nozzle check to your purchase receipt as this will validate your warranty. You can now start to install your refillable cartridge.
If your printer has printed with missing lines or uneven coloring, please repeat head cleaning. If your second print is similar to the first, let your printer sit 2-3 hours then run another nozzle check. If you still see broken lines, then do another head cleaning and let it sit 3-4 hours. Sometimes it takes 3-4 head cleanings. DO NOT run more than 3 head cleanings in a row without sitting your printer for few hours. If your printer still has broken lines, you more than likely have damaged printer heads and you will need them replaced.
1. Remove label from top of cartridge
2. Tape over all holes except the one you are going to put ink into. Use scotch tape or black electrical tape.
3. (Only if you use syringe and needle) Attach needle to syringe and load syringe with 5 ml of ink.
4. Work over newspaper or paper towel so it can tolerate a spill
5. Insert needle into correct cartridge ink hole. Make sure needle reaches to bottom of cartridge
6. SLOWLY inject the ink into the cartridge. Stop if the ink begins to well up from the fill hole. DO NOT OVERFILL.
7. Clean off top of cartridge, un-tape the next fill hole and tape over the one just filled.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6, 7 until all colors have been filled.
9. Clean off the top of the cartridge. Place scotch tape over the top of the cartridge so it covers every hole.
10. Use a pin and put a small hole (vent hole) through the scotch tape for each hole on the top of the cartridge. This is important, don’t skip this step. The cartridge must be vented to atmosphere or it will not work.
11. Reinstall in printer and run one or two cleaning cycles until the cartridge begins to print correctly. Do not exceed three cleaning cycles.
K = Black C = Cyan M = Magenta Y = Yellow
PLEASE NOTE: Resetting the filing level indicator is unfortunately not possible with this type of cartridges. You can ignore the error message by selecting “OK”. Knowing that the ink level cannot be correctly determined anymore, please refill the cartridge as soon as you see faded colors. Should the cartridge print in streaks, first refill the cartridge, then start a cleaning cycle with your printer software. If the problem remains, fill a bowl with ½ inch of warm water (max temperature 90F) and soak the print head in it for 1 to 2 hours (soak the print head, not the cartridge).